I'm stealing this New Year's Meme from..... http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/
This meme which can be done in two different ways. Either you can do all eight categories and list two answers for every category (get it? It's 2008, so I'm playing on the two numbers: 2 and 8) OR you can choose two of the categories and list eight answers.
- Things you learned this year
- People you met
- Things you don't want to take with you into 2008
- Things you want to hold close as you pass into 2008
- Things you're looking forward to in 2008
- Things that were life changing in 2007
- Things you hope to accomplish by the end of 2008
- Last impressions of 2007
(see--those are the eight categories. Now you can either give two answers for each category OR you can choose two from that list and give eight answers)
1. Two things I learned this year.
• life is too short
• I love teaching literature...and I'm good at this gig!
2. Two people I met
• reconnected with an old boyfriend and a former student (I think this counts)
• met writers who inspire me to keep writing, especially Ron Powers
3. Two things I do not want to take with me into 2008
• the 30 lbs which has re-attached itself to my body (oy! back to WW!!!)
• too many bad habits -- such as wasting time and losing focus and being cranky
4. Two things I want to hold close as I pass into 2008
• my sweet, amazing, resilient husband
• my love of life -- exhilaration, imagination, creativity
5. Two things I'm looking forward to in 2008
• travel -- hopefully to new and wondrous places (like Ireland, Scotland, and a secluded beach)
• experiencing the joy of my son's raving success!!!
6. Two things that were life-changing in 2007
• death of Carolyn, who was way too young to die (remember: life is short -- LIVE!)
• Steve's fall (I love him more and more... he reminds me to love more and worry less)
7. Things I hope to accomplish by the end of 2008
• finish writing at least ONE of the damn novels (oy!)
• losing the 30 lbs, plus getting in shape while I do that
8. Two last impressions of 2008
• We're getting older, and I hope better, and I don't know about the future, and I pray for PEACE.
• Driving across the country -- small towns, rolling hills, buffalo, and friendly fellow Americans
Now... how do I tag YOU?
Oh, just go DO IT!