Thursday, March 04, 2010

Whew!


Reporting on the continuing saga of "Couch to 5K in 9 Weeks," I must say this week, so far, has been a SURPRISE!  Surprise is the good news and the bad news.   


Bad news first.  I jumped into my jogging togs and hopped on the treadmill Tuesday for the first session of Week 3.  I didn't read the fine print. I just blithely turned on my audio book (I'm currently enjoying Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman, but I must say it's all in Southern accent and I feel myself soaking up the cadences and sooner or later I'm talk like that, aloud, in front of somebody who will be stunned into silence... oy) (omg... product placement starts here!), then turned on the "CT5K" program.  


OMG!  I found myself jogging for 3 minutes and walking for 3 minutes -- with repeats of that pattern.  I almost did a spit-take from my water bottle (which is, I might add, one of those great new stainless steel models from Klean Kanteen and I wholeheartedly ENDORSE them!!!).  Could I actually sustain a 3 minute jog?  Okay,  it sounds (again) very silly to believe this is impossible, but at the moment doubts clouded my vision (of myself in a bikini.... hahahahahaha...NOT).  


However, I'm reporting that I persevered! 


And that's the Good News!  I actually completed the entire workout. Sweat much?!  The biggest part of the Good News is how wonderful I felt about myself after that workout.  Wow!  I was full of energy and happiness.  Okay... it doesn't take much to upgrade my self-esteem to something warmer than yesterday's leftovers.  At least my self-esteem as it pertains to my weight and exercise issues.


Another surprise?  Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. I had a hair appointment.  Now normally I would lounge around, read the paper, eat my puffed wheat, drink a mug of Henry's coffee (another product endorsement... Best. Coffee. Ever.  That's from Henry's House of Coffee, and I have chatted with the real Henry several times on the phone between SF and VT... link: http://www.coffeesf.com ) and basically remain a slug until time to get ready (in clothes that are to be dumped into the wash on return from said hair appointment).  However, I deviated from my pattern.  I woke at 7 (on Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't have to go into the college, so I don't get up at 5:15 a.m., but actually I really should just keep the 5:15 a.m. thing going because I could get so much more writing done.. .alas...).  I sat on the edge of the bed and pondered.... should I get into jogging togs and get the workout finished BEFORE the hair appointment?  I realized that once I don the workout clothes, I would have to workout!  Well, I am my own boss.  I could persist in subverting my best interests, as I so often do.  BUT.... I didn't.  Subvert my goals, that is.  I jauntily jumped into the jogging attire, briskly took the stairs, sauntered into the kitchen, ate my little bowl of cereal, and announced to Steve that, at 7:30 a.m., I was off to do my session on the treadmill.  I count that as a remarkable change!  


So... who knows?  Could I use my current momentum to get over my writer's block (actually it's more like "writer's frustration and boredom with story" block.  Sorry.  Strike part of that.  I really do love my story.  I'm just stuck).  But who knows?  As I achieve more results from Weight Watchers (oy! yet another product endorsement) and the "CT5K" program, hence more energy, I most likely will crave the delicious consistency of an early morning (or even late night) writing life again.  


p.s.  I was sort of worried about my second session of Week 3 this morning and kind of put it off 'til later in the morning.  I should NOT have worried at all.  Actually, it seemed much easier.  Whew!  


Oh, and here's some really exciting news!  (NO... I am soooo NOT going to enter a 5K when I finish week 9) (hahahahahahahaha).   


On Facebook,  I started a page for ZeeStuffVt.com and .... drumroll... I actually have FANS!  Right now I have 52 fans.  No sales. (well, I have had one sale -- thank you, Ellie) (before the new page on Facebook).  But 52 fans!  How cool is that?!  I don't even know more than half of these fine people who are leaving notes about how much they like ZeeStuff!  It all started with "free" $50 ad package from my web page provider, Fat Cow (omg! did I just max out the product placement on this blog entry?).  Anyway.... you can find ZeeStuffVt.com on Facebook.  I'm giggling all day.  Fans! Whoda thunk it?

No comments: