Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shocker!

Week 4 - Couch to 5k in Nine Weeks (app on the iPhone)

Okay, I promised to report on my progress.  We took the game to a new level.  Seriously, I've said this before, but I thought I was gonna crash and burn.  And... I didn't.  Tired? Yes. Sweaty? Yes.  Defeated? No!  I came.  I saw (oy... did I see that new program or what).  And... I kicked my own butt.


I am a weenie.  We have established that.  And I haven't actually "run" since about 1969.  Thus the "couch" part of "Couch to 5K in Nine Weeks" is owned by me.  Yep, I am a couch spud.


Let's go back to last week.  Yes, I thought week 3 was hard.  But by the 3rd day (and we only get 3 days to workout per week), I rocked the program.  All smiles.  All... YES...I can do this.  In fact, I've been doing Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, but on week 3, I stepped up to Saturday.  Which might have been a mistake?  But I was feeling so... full of myself.  Anyway...


Tuesday.  First day of Week 4. New week, new times for jogging and walking combination.  I knew it would be more of jog and less of walk, but I thought I was cool with that.


Stretched and ready to push the buttons and take off on a new round of repetitive sets walk/jog or something like that.  Well... wah hoo.   So far, I haven't been able (and I really haven't tried) to figure out how to look at the future weeks' settings and to find out what's coming.  I was quite surprised when the Week 4 program popped up on the screen:  Jog 3 minutes, Walk 1.30 minutes, Jog 5 minutes, Walk 3 minutes;  repeat.  OMG.... I jogged for.... 16 minutes this week.  Really -- I almost expired.  Remember:  my post-menopausal idea of  exercise is turning pages in a good book.  Well, that isn't fair. The entirety of what we might dub my "middle ages" has been a sea of turning pages in hundreds of books, not to mention shopping for books, hunting books in libraries, and lugging books into and out of the house.  Oy! the exercise!


But here I am, jogging 5 minutes at a swipe and wanting to stop... but... I didn't!  I did the whole program and didn't stop or walk or give up at any point.  Yippppeeee!


Tomorrow is Thursday and I'm up on my perch again, so I'll let you know.


Sorry, no big product placements today.  Just drank straight water and jogged.  Wow... did I just say that? Jog? Don't slap me.

No comments: