Thursday, November 16, 2006

I just attempted to set up my first video on this blog. Not sure that's going to work, but HEY...can't blame a girl for trying.

I first fell in love with the music of JJ Cale in 1975. Geoff was a pup and I was living in Encinitas in blissful ignorance and poverty. Oh well. Anyway, I went to the Roxy (which was later reinvented as a movie theatre with very cool loungy seats, but I don't know if it still exists). On the bill with JJ Cale was Maria Muldaur. I was young, thin, and full of myself. I wore this amazing dress, basically a very skinny, floor-length, scoop neck sleeveless t-shirt with airbrushing on the front. I remember, and this is the thing my dears.... I wore NOTHING under it. NOTHING. At one point I walked up the aisle to the lobby and when I came back my then-boyfriend exclaimed over my blatant exhibitionism. Eyes had turned, I knew that. Oh, ho hum. Yes. Those were the days my friend. Milk it while you are young. Yes, do.

And while you are at it, buy the new disc -- Road To Escondido. I guess JJCale lives in my home city. Don't think I ever knew that. He's amazing. Smooth. I still have his works here, and I think Geoff has the original vinyl.

Whatever happened to Maria Midnight-at-the-Oasis Muldaur? She was hot, too. Ah, we all were hot. California girls. Prime. Mmm mmm mmm.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: